Wednesday, November 17, 2010

C.D Black ops Vs. A.C Brotherhood: battle for multiplayer.


VS



Ok so I bought Both these games yesterday. I haven't had a chance to play ether on single player.  So here is my so important opinion of their multiplayers. (Warning, I am biased)

Call of Duty: BLACK OPS: 
So first off I have not played the new "Zombie" mode yet, though I hear good things about it.
But the normal multi-mode doesn't seem much different from good old Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The controls are generally the same, the fighting is fast paced. So over all for a first person shooter (or FPS) its pretty fun.

But with every good thing there are problems. First off finding a game SUCKS. I had to wait for what seemed like YEARS to find a game. And to some one like me thats been playing FPS, for a good portion of my life, it drives me up the wall! Second the maps are not balanced and hard to learn, That bothers me. Not all are that bad but some are very confusing.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood:
Ok now its time for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood to step into the ring.
I was really interested to see how Brotherhood's multiplayer would do. The Assassin's Creed games had been such a success due to it's solo campaign's, would the game transfer over to the online world? We've seen games that have been amazing single story games that tried to join the multiplayer world and failed (Bioshock 2's multiplayer as an example). So I went into Brotherhood with a heavy heart that it would fail too.

I was wrong.  A.C Brotherhood's multiplayer is amazing. its a fun unusual style of "cat and mouse" keeps you wanting more. Instead of running and gunning its all about blending and searching for your targets. It forces you to think like an assassin, blending in to the world so your "mouse" doesn't see you coming. While I played with friends, we all walked away with fun moments of tricking the enemy or getting that perfect of the roof top assassination. :)

On the negative side its game modes are a little confusing (little I mean lots). The first time I played me and my two friends assumed it was like Halo's "slayer" (most kills win the game) but after the fist half of the game (wondering why we where unable to kill any one) we soon realized that we were the "hunted" and only the "hunters" could kill. Once we had that figured out we regained our footing and won the game. My only other complaint would be that you only get one button (B) to do any of your assassinations (or "killings") with. So you can't choose to do any special moves (but they added plenty of different kill cut scenes to satisfy the hunger hunter.)

Over all I am enjoying A.C: Brotherhoods multiplayer more then C.D: Black OPS because its different and unusual and beautiful.

So I give:

9.0 --Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

7.5 --Call of Duty: BLACK OPS

So there is my review on these games, I'd love to hear how you guys feel about how these two game's multiplayers fair against other games.

Thanks again for reading
Love you
Meghphoenix

1 comment:

  1. I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete